Allergies are a very common condition that are triggered by foreign substances called allergens. For people who suffer with allergies, the immune system will release histamines in order to combat the allergens. These chemicals cause allergy symptoms that include itchy eyes, sneezing, nasal congestion, wheezing and possibly skin conditions.
Common allergens include:
- Pet or animal dander
Symptoms usually depend on which part of the body has been touched by an allergen. For example:
- If an allergen comes in contact with the eyes it may cuase itchy, watery, swollen, red eyes
- Allergens that are inhaled may cause a stuffy nose, itchy nose and throat, cough and wheezing
- Eating something you are allergic to can cause nausea, abdominal pain, vomitting, diarrhea, or a severe, life threatening reaction.
- Allergens that touch the skin can cause a rash, hives, blisters and itching
- Drug allergies can involve the entire body and can lead to a variety of symptoms.
In most cases, Aller-Calm will provide fast, natural relief of most common allergies.
- Severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis) need to be treated with a medicine called epinephrine, which can be life saving when given right away. If you use epinephrine, call 911 and go straight to the hospital.
- Illnesses that are caused by allergies (such as asthma, hay fever, and eczema) may need other treatments.
Asthma and Allergy Foundation
National Allergy Forecast
American Acadamy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI)